Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"The inherent factors that screw us up in priorities: A philosophy"


I chose to make this my second post; I want to fool "my readers" into thinking I am just going to publish only really, really short posts. Believe what you want.
As I meant to explain in my last post, before I realized how much I love writing (and how I love it, world!), there are some automatic ironies that are part of prioritizing. For example, if one, let's call give her the name of my overly candid sister, Holly, decides to make sleep the thing that matters most, then everything else, let's say snoring dogs, do not matter. If Holly is asleep and the dogs snore, then she must throw the dogs out and lock them up. But what happens when they scratch on a door so that Robyn is left wide awake? In taking care of her priorities of gaining sleep, this blessed soul named Robyn lost sleep. Luckily, Holly isn't overlyu heartless Holly, but overly candid Holly. Meaning that she tried to take care of a wide awake Robyn. But she was so upset that they were not going to get any sleep that she complained of symptoms of a heart attack and Robyn's lack of sleep came as a result of Holly's insufficient blood supply to the heart, not the dogs. In summary, the one who meant to get sleep ruined it for herself and everyone else in attempt to getting that sleep.
I use this example of this make-belief story to illustrate that oftentimes when we prioritize things, we end up missing our goal all together. Think of our dear friend Hamlet who in his attempt of killing his uncle-father killed himself. Call it irony. Call it tragedy. Call it "The inherent factors that screw us up in priorities: A philosophy"

No comments:

Post a Comment